SimuBone® Bone Modeling Filament allows you to print realistic bone models for clinical and educational use. Our formulation is based on easy to print PLA coupled with specialty additives that gives your part the look and feel of real bone. Our filament is easy to print on practically any 3D printer.
ISO Certified Anti-bacterial: We understand that these parts are likely to be handled by many people, so we formulated the polymer to be ISO certified anti-bacterial. Our ISO certified formulation uses a FDA-approved nano-silver antibacterial additive to achieve ISO 22196:2011 certification for eliminating 99.9% of bacteria for the lifetime of the printed part. Furthermore, our SimuBone® resin is produced in an ISO 13485 compliant facility and is ideal for use in healthcare clinical and education settings. Our formulation is PLA-based and is therefore non-toxic and biodegradable.
Benefits of SimuBone® Bone Modeling Filament Include:
- Insurance reimbursable since 2019 [CPT® Category III Codes Available Upon Request]
- Simulates the look and feel of bone for pre-operative planning and training
- Low-cost alternative to expensive and difficult to obtain cadaver bone
- Formulated for ideal sawing, drilling, and screw retention
- ISO Certified Antibacterial – ideal for parts that will pass through many hands in educational and clinical settings
- Radio opaque additive allows for enhanced visibility on X-ray and CT Scan
- Easy to print on practically any 3D printer (PLA-based formulation)
- No offensive odors or moisture absorption problems to ease printing in office environment
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 220-240°C
- Bed Temp: 23-60°C
- Fan Speed: 50-100%
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Drying Instructions: 65°C for 4 hours.